Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Oh The Places You'll Go


This is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books. I love to travel and explore this huge world we live in. I haven't gone many places, but I cherish all those trips I have been able to go on so far. I want to visit every state in the US at least once. I want to go to so many more places that it would take forever to name. I am so excited to see this project grow and watch the map fill up with tiny pins. 


What you will need:
Frame 
(mine is a poster frame from Michael's. 
It was on clearance for 6 dollars. It's cheap. 
I don't recommend it!!)
Cork Sheet (Michael's $15)
Map 
Elmer's Glue
Hot glue

Step 1. Take your picture frame apart and get rid of the glass piece or in my case plastic piece. 

Step 2. My frame is a little bigger than my map so I took the "picture" that they put in in frames and glued my map to that. Now it has a black boarder around it. I used a glue stick because that doesn't wrinkle as bad as the liquid Elmer's glue does.

Step 3. Measure and cut your cork to fit the back piece of your frame. Trim if necessary. I put the back piece in the frame and marked where the inside corners met the board. You want to make sure that when you glue your cork to the back piece, you can still get in in the frame. I glued the cork piece down with the hot glue.






Step 4. Glue your map to the cork. Check the back of the frame to see where the hook are. You don't want to glue it upside down! I used Elmer's glue just around the side. Elmer's glue tends to wrinkle the paper when it dries so I did it just on the black trying to hide it.

6. Put your map back in the frame and secure the back pieces to make sure it wont come out of the frame. Pin all the places you have been. Hang on the wall and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment