Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Heart Curtain


This cute heart curtain brings back memories of my old bead curtain I use to have hanging from my door many many years ago!


What you will need:
Paper
Scissors
Fishing line
Tape 
Ribbon - Optional

Step 1. Make your shape. You could buy a punch but they can be pretty expensive and I didn't really need one, knowing I could just cut out the shapes. It would make this project go a lot faster though!! when creating my heart shape, I could get one side too look right but I could not mirror it. So I gave up and cheated a little! I took a square piece of paper about the size I wanted the heart to be and folded it in half. Drawing half of the heart starting by the crease. Cut it out and BAM equal heart! Make sure you draw and cut it on the crease side or you will have two separate half hearts!


Step 2. Trace your heart on a piece of paper. I used 5 different colors from a pack of paper I bought at Joann. I got about 16 on a piece of 8x11 paper. Cut those out and place them in piles.

Step 3. Measure out your fishing line. I cut mine about 60 inches long. If it is much longer you might have to cut out extra hearts to attach. 

Step 4. Begin taping your hearts to the string. Place the string in the middle of your heart and tape. Super easy!

Step 5. This step is optional. I did this so I didn't have to tape all the separate strings to the door frame. Measure a piece of ribbon to fit the top of your door frame. Now just tape the string of hearts to the ribbon. When you hang the ribbon, make sure the side with the tape is facing the door frame. I only did 5 rows of hearts because I am going to add some streamers in between the hearts. You can make more rows of hearts if you don't want to add streamers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment