Monday, September 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Garland



*I cut my cousins name out of the picture. 
That is why you can see part of the 3rd row

Here are steps to make this cute birthday garland. 


What you will need:
Paper 
Ruler 
Scissors
X-acto knife
String or Yarn 
Single hole punch

Step 1. I am awful at drawing! I used a ruler and Google images to help draw the letters. I also cut out some triangles to look like little pendant flags. They are not perfect at all but they work and my soon to be 7 year old cousin will not care! 

Step 2. Carefully cut out your letters. Using the X-acto knife to cut out in insides of some letters. Punch holes in your letters, trying to get them around the same height on each letter. So that way some are not higher or lower than others.

Step 3. Put your letters on your string or yarn. When you are putting your letters and triangles on, you want to put the yarn of string through the front on the first hole and through the back on the second hole. I did this so you wouldn't see the string across the front of the letter or triangle. I used yarn and the ends tend to unravel when they are messed with too much, so I burnt the ends lightly.



*This is the back of the triangle. 

*front of the triangle

Step 4. Hang and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment