Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Fabric Garland

A few easy steps to make this cute fabric garland. 


What you will need:
Fabric: I had a couple pieces left over from a previous project and I bought quilters bundle from joann. 
Scissors
Twine or Ribbon



Step 1: Measure your twine or ribbon to the length you need. Lay it out flat.

Step 2: Figure out how long you want your fabric to be. Then measure and cut. My strips are about 13.5 inches long and roughly 1 to 1.5 inches long, but you can make yours any length and width you want. I made a little guide on the bottom of my fabric. It doesn't have to be perfect and knowing I can't cut in a straight line, I have to be okay with that!!

 You can barely see the small lines

I might have gone over board with the fabric!!

Step 3: This step is a lot harder to explain by typing then it is to do! Take your fabric, fold it in half and lay it on top of the string. Take the ends of the fabric and fold them under the string and pull through the loop, then pull tight. 



Step 4: Continue until you get to the end. I left about 2 inches on the ends of mine. Hang up and enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment